Monday, July 29, 2013

Back in America!

I made it to Detroit!  I board in about 40 minutes.  Going through customs in Detroit took awhile because I got "tagged" to be inspected 3 times.  I'm guessing that's because I was coming from Africa. Bryan left our house about 10 minutes ago to drive to Columbus.  He will pick me and we'll go to my mom's place.  I've  been traveling so far for just about 36 hours.

It was so strange getting off the plane in Amsterdam and in Detroit and seeing all of the lights and plumbing.  I actually brushed my teeth using the tap water in both countries!  I feel like I'm experiencing culture shock...

I will post some videos tomorrow or the next day from home, so be sure to check back!  For now, here is a picture of me trying the fruit guava for the first time.  I tired it on one of my walks with the girls. We picked it right off the tree.  They had to teach me how to eat it.  I just assumed I was to eat it like an apple. Boy did that get the laughter--not to mention a bitter taste.

Edina, Jane, me, Rebecca

I would really like to plan some sort of presentation for those who are interested.  If you have good ideas of where this could be done, please let me know.  I received so much wonderful feedback about my trip, my experiences, and this blog.  I would love to share more!

No comments:

Post a Comment