Thursday, July 25, 2013

Two More Days


I only have a few days left.  The time has flown by.  I’ll really miss the girls in my house, but I’m also really excited to come home. I miss Bryan, my pets, my friends, and my family.  I miss Chipotle, Dunkin’ Donuts, hot showers, paved roads, and a rodent-free house.  I’ll miss the beautiful kids at RVCV, the Tanzanian mommas, the volunteers/friends I’ve met, the look on a kid’s face when I give him/her a hug, the beautiful scenery, and my adorable little pre-schoolers who have come so far in 3 short weeks.   This has been an amazing experience and I plan on making the best of the next few days.  I truly feel like I’m making a difference! 


I started a Walking Club with some of the older girls in my house.  I’ve been walking every day with a few volunteers between bath time and dinner.  Last week a few Manyara girls joined.  We walk through cornfields, dirt roads, and up steep paths.  We have to keep our eyes peeled for wild dogs, buffalo, elephants, and snakes. A few days ago the askaris (night guards at RVCV) killed a viper snake that was hanging out by the volunteer house, which is where we eat.  We haven’t seen any wild animals, but it is common to see local villagers. 




I have many more stories, videos, and pictures that I was planning on posting.  Unfortunately, it's not possible to do so right now.  The Internet is quite slow and I'm about out of my data bundle.  I will post it all when I get home--unless there happens to be wireless in the airports. You'll then get to see a tour of the house, some dancing, a sunset, preschoolers counting, and even something about the Royal Baby!



No comments:

Post a Comment